Proposing Yuck (an identity provider) as part of the Ick project

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.fi
Sat Jan 12 11:47:27 GMT 2019

I'm starting a new side project: Yuck.

Yuck is an identity provider that allows end users to securely
authenticate themselves to web sites and applications. Yuck also
allows users to authorize applications to act on their behalf. Yuck
supports the OAuth2 and OpenID Connect protocols, and has an API to
allow storing and managing data about end users, applications, and
other entities related to authentication.

A preliminary architecture document is at
<https://files.liw.fi/yuck-arch/> and feedback is welcome.

Unless there are objections, I will be bringing Yuck into the Ick
project, to eventually replace use of Qvisqve.

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh