Ick planning: what next?

Ivan Dolgov ivan at dolgov.fi
Fri Sep 7 11:33:15 BST 2018

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 21:16 +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> The ick web application will be using the RESTful HTTP APIs of the various
> ick components, but can otherwise be separate from them. It can be
> implemented in any language and way, as long as the user is happy to use it
> and it uses Qvisqve for end-user authenticattion and the ick APIs for drive
> ick. I'd like the web application to be free software, built using tools in
> Debian, and have no dependencies outside what is packaged in Debian.
> However, I realise that's a difficult request in the modern world of web
> development, so I'm willing to discuss the build and runtime dependencies,
> though not the freedom.

I have experience in building modern single-page apps talking to RESTful APIs,
but I have never packaged them for Debian. I am quite interesting in finding
out how to do it though, especially in case of React-based applications.

Freedom-wise, there is nothing to discuss ;)

> If web application front-ends are something you like working on, please say
> so. I'd really appreciate any help with the front-end.

So yeah, I'd like to help with the web UI. I'm not a graphic designer, but there
are nice HTML/CSS component libraries out there for building usable UIs with
minimum effort on that front.