GENIVI reference system

Agustin Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 08:21:21 GMT 2016

Hi,

@Tom Pollard can you add some light here?

> Did AGL and GENIVI agree to standardise on Yocto recently for all future
> work? That's the impression I get from here:
> <https://lwn.net/Articles/671153/> but I could be misunderstanding.

I would not say it is the result of an agreement. Both has arrived to
Yocto with a different history.

> Is there any ongoing use of Baserock within GENIVI (for the demo
> platform perhaps?) or not?

Link: http://projects.genivi.org/GENIVI_Baselines/genivi-baserock/home
Link: https://projects.genivi.org/GENIVI_Baselines/genivi-baserock/download
Link to roadmap:
https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/GDP/GENIVI+Demo+Platform+%28G.D.P.%29+Roadmap

> I'm asking just because right now I don't have a clue and I am curious!
> (Of course, maybe nobody knows yet :-)
>
> Thanks
> Sam

Best Regards