The baserock UI - meetup notes

Zara Zaimeche zara.zaimeche at codethink.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 16:48:23 GMT 2015

Hi, Mike,

On 06/02/15 15:12, Mike Smith wrote:

> * Morph should potential have a one command "build a default generic
> Baserock image and deploy" so that users can quickly get up and running
> with the system.

Sorry, I must have missed this before-- I don't think this needs to be
(or even should be) a morph command; it may be a shell script that the
user runs, or something like that. As you can see, my ideas on *how* to
implement this are still hazy. :) Just clarifying this because I think
of morph commands as being commands that run within Baserock systems,
whereas I'd assume a user would be doing this from outside a Baserock
system, when wanting to try out Baserock for the first time.

(On IRC, I've referred to the goal here as condensing the 'quickstart',
'using baserock' and 'setting up a devel vm' pages on the wiki into a
big red button that, when clicked, makes a default Baserock system that
a user can play around with. The details are still vague.)

Best Wishes,

Zara