Dropping SSH deployment extension

Lars Wirzenius lars.wirzenius at codethink.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 15:01:11 BST 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 01:53:57PM +0100, Dan Firth wrote:
> As per the subject, this is to be dropped. Should we deprecate first
> or can it just be removed?

I would like to drop the ssh deployment configuration extension:

* it is badly designed (my fault)
* with a cumbersome interface (my fault)
* and the implementation isn't as good as it should be
* and the install-files extension works well as a replacement

As to when, I think we can drop it at once. Anyone using can use BR10,
or can copy the extension from BR10, or can pretty easily adapt to
install-files instead.

Anyone object?

--
http://www.codethink.co.uk/ http://wiki.baserock.org/ http://www.baserock.com/