BUG: no way to check out a component without editing (in master branch)

Lars Wirzenius lars.wirzenius at codethink.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:03:18 GMT 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 06:34:03PM +0000, Richard Maw wrote:
> Sorry to hi-jack, but this seemed a good place to include some other
> bugs with branch and merge.

Another one.

Scenario: I want to look at the current state of a specific chunk in
the master system branch in baserock:baserock/morphs, without modifying
any system or stratum morphologies. I just want to "check out" that
component, as referenced by the system branch.

If I do "morph edit" for the chunk, the morphologies get modified. This
is OK for any other system branch than master, I guess, but in master
it has unfortunate side effects.

I could create a new system branch just for this, but that seems
silly and wasteful.

--
http://www.codethink.co.uk/ http://wiki.baserock.org/ http://www.baserock.com/