BUG: morph build ignores submodules

Richard Maw richard.maw at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 18:34:03 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:45:05AM +0000, Sam Thursfield wrote:
> 'morph edit' checks out any submodules of a repo along with the repo
> itself, which is great. However, if I commit in a submodule repo and
> update its parent, I get a build failure because the build process
> uses the remote version of the submodule instead of the version from
> my system branch, so my new commit is not found.
>
> Sam
>
> This bug report has been sent to the mailing list because we do have
> a request tracker yet. Once this is set up the bug report will be
> moved there.

Sorry to hi-jack, but this seemed a good place to include some other
bugs with branch and merge.

Merging, where the branch you're merging in does not have branches that
your branch has, fails even though the appropriate response is to not
attempt to merge that system.

When you attempt to merge, but the branch you're merging from does not
have a repository checked out, fails with the error that it has
uncommitted changes.

e.g. I check out branch foo, alter foo-morphs and try to merge that into
master fails because I don't have foo-setup checked out, and gives a
confusing error message.