Big merge and branch renaming and mess

Lars Wirzenius lars.wirzenius at codethink.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 15:36:47 GMT 2011

I have today merged a lot of stuff into a bunch of repositories. This
work consists of a change in the way morph builds stuff, namely, that it
unpacks the chunks it builds so later chunks can use them as build
dependencies. morph also now has a bootstrap mode, and its repo contains
a baserock-bootstrap script which can bootstrap a rudimentary native
toolchain for Baserock, based on Linux From Scratch 7.0.

I've also renamed a lot of branches, which may cause trouble for people
who merge/pull from gitorious. My apologies: I only realized afterwards
that this is going to be a bit of a mess. Please flame me if you are
inconvenienced.

I've also renamed the core stratum to foundation, since several people
asked be the difference between base (a system) and core (a stratum),
and I'm hoping this will help.

In the future, I hope I can work in smaller jumps so that the merges are
not quite so large.

We should also decide on a branch naming and merging policy at some
point, possibly soon.