thank you for trying to help me. To be honest I do not have a clue hot to check, if that
libnsfb is compiled with SDL backend. I just followed the "Quick Build Steps for
NetSurf" instructions from the Netsurf Hompeage.
Now I tried to install a fresh latest raspbian image, and followed the steps once more. At
this time, step " make TARGET=framebuffer" stops with:
undefined reference to symbol 'clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.4'
//lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:632: recipe for target 'nsfb' failed
make: *** [nsfb] Error 1
rm !NetSurf/Resources/fr/Messages.tmp !NetSurf/Resources/en/Messages.tmp
I would prefer to compile the 3.3 and not the 3.4 dev version, but the instructions
bundled with the 3.3 sources are little bit confusing for me, thus I am not familiar with
Could you give me some hints ?
+ Karel Mácha
---- Ein Mo, 08 Jun 2015 16:42:27 +0200 Ole<ole(a)monochrom.net> hat geschrieben ----
> (0.164048) framebuffer/gui.c:455 process_cmdline: argc 1, argv 0xbea79804
> (0.166074) framebuffer/framebuffer.c:400 framebuffer_initialise: The sdl
> surface is not available from libnsfb
> Am I missing something or do I get the error because of the 3.4 (Dev)
> version ? Can someone please give me a hint how to fix this ?
Did you already to try to run the framebuffer version under X11? the
libnsfb can be compiled with several backends... SDL is one of them. When
the build system does not detect SDL correctly (and you do not configure
it manually somehow...), it probably just skips the build of the SDL
Maybe you have luck and the X11 backend was put into your build of libnsfb.
Otherwise, make sure that libnsfb is compiled with SDL backend.
I once had an problem with that...:
libnsfb make use of some gcc feature (a ctor function for libraries...,
something like that) which was unsupported by the GCC cross compiler that
I used: SDL was never registered as valid backend when libnsfb was loaded
and always reported that the SDL backend is not available... I had to
manually call the registration of the backend at application startup time.
But I think this was a very rare problem, I guess the buildsystem did not
find your installation of SDL development files.