Am Mittwoch, den 27.11.2013, 20:35 +0100 schrieb Peter Slegg
I installed the Atari build 1501 and subjectively it seems slower,
mostly after the page has been rendered, Netsurf pauses for over a
minute before the page can be scrolled or anything else.
Thank's for your continues tests with the latest builds.
I will forward this discussion to the netsurf user list.
Some "lags" where always present, and I don't know what it is. It
every now and then - especially on some pages. So it is more or less
However. Because people complained, I have set the GUI priority to
"Low" again. That means
the Browser is less responsive, less time is spent on checking User
Interactions. That gives a bit more
time for rendering.
But the user can modify this setting now. Go into the Choices menu and
select some value for "GUI timeout" - that's the timeout value passed
to evnt_multi. Selest "10" and see if it makes the GUI more responsive,
as example: for clicking scroll button.
Btw. since libdom is used (2.9 used libxml) css matching got slower.
Maybe that's the speed issue
that was recognized a few days ago. Hower, libdom is used since several
month now.... So that's nothing new ;)
Also make sure to unzip the whole archive, many things where modified.