In article <381c18b151.zen44412(a)zen.co.uk>,
Simon Smith <simon_smith(a)zen.co.uk> wrote:
In message <51b10f8d4cbbailey(a)argonet.co.uk>
Brian Bailey <bbailey(a)argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> The above version now downloads latest test build as file format
> not Archive/zip (ddc) file which won't open.
a91 is the custom filetype for ZIP, isn't it?
If you say so Simon - personally, I had no idea. 8-)
Have you updated or altered your mimemap settings recently? Tim Hill
made a new version available a few days ago.
Indeed that's exactly what I did yesterday and thought that it just might
give me problems. But as you will have observed from my report I didn't
associate the apparent changed behaviour of NetSurf downloads with the
1) Manually change a91 back to ddc, then things will work as they
(drag and drop onto the SparkFS icon will probably do that automatically)
This fix will work indefinitely until you have a permanent solution.
2) Revert to your previous mimemap
3) Update Spark/SparkFS or whatever compression program you use so
it associates a91 with zip
3) is the 'most correct' of those options. With SparkFS
straightforward, but you do have to edit the right file. With other
programs, the execution may be slightly different. Whichever way you do
it you might have to tweak a boot or a run or a config file somewhere.
The Spark/SparkFS docs do clearly tell you what setting to adjust.
Many thanks for the information, Simon. I will act on your advice.
You lives and learns - well, some of the time!