The NetSurf developers are happy to announce NetSurf 3.2. This release
contains many bug fixes and improvements.
It is available to download from http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
Binaries are available now for RISC OS and AmigaOS 4 systems.
NetSurf 3.2 is primarily a bug-fix release. In addition to bug fixes and
tidy-ups, a disc cache feature has been added, and a little work has
been done to improve CSS3 support. Several of the front ends have
received quite a bit of attention, with new features and improvements;
notably the GTK, AmigaOS 4 and Framebuffer front ends. We recommend all
A more detailed and complete list of changes is given below.
Core / All platforms
* Improved building on OpenBSD.
* Improved interface between front ends and core.
* Improved internal URL handling.
* Cleaned up many internal interfaces.
* Added support for disc caching.
* Fixed treeview selection issue.
* Fixed line breaking of plain text with multi-byte sequences.
* Improved out-of-memory handling.
* Added support for overflow-x and overflow-y CSS3 properties.
* Improved web search feature.
* Improved internal task scheduling.
* Improved support for Unicode URLs.
* Fixed issue relating to CSS imports.
* Improved debug dumping of box trees.
* Fixed SSL certificate viewer lifetimes bug.
* Fixed HTML ordered list numbering issue.
* Fixed DOM tree debug dump.
* Fixed handling of malformed URLs.
* Fixed text selection.
* LibCSS library (CSS parser and selection engine):
+ Added support for CSS3 overflow-x and overflow-y properties.
+ Fix to !important handling with play-during property.
+ Improved test coverage.
* LibDOM library (Document Object Model):
+ Implemented many missing specialisations of HTMLElement.
* Fix for toolbar width calculation.
* Code clean-ups.
* Added option to use disc cache.
* Improved configuration handling.
* Improved commandline usage.
* Enabled disc caching.
* Improved context menu.
* Fixed gdkpixbuf usage issue.
* Improved view source, and debug features.
* Improved main menu.
* Improved developer options.
* Added options to open view source, etc, in new window, tab,
* Many code clean-ups.
* Internationalisation fixes.
* Removed Cairo.
* Improved installer script.
* Enabled disc caching.
* Improved line splitting behaviour for text wrap.
* Improved web search.
* Improved hotlist menu.
* Improved task scheduler.
* Wait for network activity, rather than polling for it.
* Improved throbber operation.
* Fixed tab bar update failure issue.
* Improved favicon handling.
* Various fixes.
* Made several little bug fixes.
* Added Unicode support to internal font.
* Added codepoint rendering to internal font, for missing glyphs.
* Added scaled glyph rendering to internal font.
* Added support for window resizing, were underlying surface
* LibNSFB library (NetSurf Framebuffer):
+ Made SDL surface resizeable.
+ Fixed rendering for 1bpp glyphs with greater than 1 byte width.
Also included are many smaller bug fixes, improvements and
Michael Drake http://www.netsurf-browser.org/