Is anyone else here using MouseAxess with NetSurf?
I hav found Netsurf very inclined to crash. It feels like it's caused bey
switch bounce, usually from the menu button. But removing MouseAxess seems
to stop it.
I have not found any other programs which crash like this...
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats
For the past several years I have used NetSurf for finding images on
the web via Google Images search.
Google puts up a page of images for the search term. Then a click on
an image used to bring up a web page with an option to see the impage
full size. This no longer seems to work with NetSurf.
The way that Google presents the image page has changed. It is still
usable with Chrome on Linux.
Can anyone confirm this change and better still suggest how I can
continue to use NetSurf for image searching?
John Rickman - http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/lynx
"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darueber muss man schweigen."
I am a newcomer to the list and have a problem with netsurf which I am unable
I'm trying to use netsurf on a i386 Debian Jessie box.
If I start netsurf with the default homepage www.google.com and type a string
of 7 "a"s in the search field,
the cursor in the field moves slower than the right end of the string. After 7
"a" the cursor is between the 6th and the 6th "a" instead of being at the
of the 7th "a" as it should be. It seems that the routine that moves the
underestimates the space occupied by the string by a factor of 6/7.
Do you have any suggestion to solve the problem?
I noticed a couple of oddities that may just be the Atari version.
1. I opened an incomplete url and got a "bad url" error. So I
closed the Netsurf window and tried to open another.
Instead of an empty window I got the bad url error again. I had to
exit and restart Netsurf.
2. I tried to append some characters onto the url field but
instead of the extra characters being added the url was replaced
with the pasted item.
Using version 1718 but I know these have been around for a while.
Can anyone who has an open bugs in our tracker  please go and review
We have almost 200 outstanding bugs and it is very hard keeping on top
of them. An number of older bugs are awaiting feedback from the
reporter or no longer apply to current versions.
If you have a bug like this please, please assist us by replying with
requested feedback or adding a note that simply says if the issue is
still reproducible. We are trying to get on top of the bugs for the
next release bug your assistance is appreciated.
As previously mentioned all old accounts and bugs have been imported
from sourceforge but if you no longer remember your user name, have
access to your sourceforge email or other issues logging in just
contact us  (please no direct email as it will just add work for us
forwarding it to the role address).
 http://bugs.netsurf-browser.org/mantis/my_view_page.php (select "Reported by Me" link)
Yesterday I successfully submitted a bug report, but only at the second
attempt because of what I suspect is a failing in Netsurf.
I carefully completed the form on the Mantis site and submitted it,
Mantis responded with an page indicating that the information I had
supplied about the CI build was incorrect and that I should use my
browser's back button to return to the form and correct the error. This I
did only to be presented with a totally blank page from which to submit
my report. Fortunately I had had the foresight to compose the report in
Zap so didn't have the frustration of typing it all again so I completed
the form and ensured the build information was correct and it was
I felt this apparent failing should be added to the bug tracker and, in
the interest of reporting the issue accurately, decided to recreate the
problem. I therefore wrote a report, leaving the CI build information
blank, and submitted it expecting the failure message to be displayed so
that I could perhaps enhance the report with more detail. Nope! The
report was accepted.
I could try repeating the process with variations on the build
information until I got a failure but fear that I might submit a string
of meaningless reports in the process with the result of irritating the
developers and making a total **** of myself.
I'm not sure what to do now other than suggest that, if you are sending a
bug report using NetSurf, you compose it in a text editor nd save it
before you hit the submit report button.
>From somewhere in North Hampshire. England. UK.
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.