What stops EUreferendum.blogspot.com from formatting correctly? It
should have the links bar down the LHS AIUI. It's one of the main UK
blogs and it would be good to post a picture of RISC OS showing it
properly - if possible.
To all who may be interested,
I recently submitted a bug report, 1779560, Shift+Adjust on links
behaves as plain Adjust.
So what, you ask? 8-)
I'm drawing it to your attention because it contains a suggested
solution. Since submitting the bug, I have been able to recompile
Netsurf with the suggested changes and they do fix the problem. I just
thought you might like to see a bug report that also includes a possible
Regards, Christopher Martin.
NetSurf (05 Jul 2007 04:30) introduced the much welcomed feature: 'Add
URL file (with the original URL) and Inventory file (listing URLs of
objects) to Full Saves.'
The feature is missing from NetSurf 1.1 (13 Aug 2007), but I'm pleased
to see that it has returned in Netsurf (20 Aug 2007 02:45) r3529.
I had assumed that 1.1 would consolidate the features of the development
versions, up to that date, but that seems to be incorrect.
Could someone please describe the relationship between the numbered, and
the development versions.
I've just been looking through the stats (Matrix Stats) on one of the
web sites I maintain, and I notice under "Robot tags":
NetSurf/2.0 (RISC OS; armv4l)
NetSurf is not listed under "Browser Tags" which does include psbot,
Googlebot, msnbot and Speedy Spider as well as the usual Mozilla
variants. The same bots also appear under "Robot Tags".
I'm assuming the stats are unreliable (they say "it's often possible
to tell ..."), but how do they know what's a robot request and what's
|_|. _ Richard Porter http://www.minijem.plus.com/
At some point, builds since the beginning of August fail to take the
default scale factor into account. I have a default magnification of 150%
(manually set in the choices file), but since a few days, NetSurf overrules
this by displaying everything at 100%.
I'd love to see a fix.
I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of NetSurf 1.1, which
is a bug fix and security release to NetSurf 1.0, which was released at
the Wakefield Show this year. It is available for download from our
website, at http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
Here is a change log detailing the important changes in this release:
Core / All
* Fix charset detection bugs, fixes #1726341 (WightLink)
* Add -v command line option to enable debugging output
(this is enabled by default in the RISC OS build via the !Run
* Rationalise header file includes
* Various portability fixes to BSD and Solaris
* Abstraction of schemes for fetchers
* More encoding detection fixes
* Fix cookie domain matching in unverifiable transactions.
* Fix cookie issues with launchpad.net
* Fix deadlock when fetching stylesheets
* Fix bug where the referer header was being sent regardless
* Fix bug where strange Accept-Language and other headers could
* Fix crash when building error page
* Content scaling is now handled centrally, such that both GTK
and RISC OS versions act in the same way.
* Licence for NetSurf changed to GPLv2 only with clause allowing
linking to OpenSSL.
* Tweak default hotlist entries to be more up-to-date
* Fix interaction between failed drag saves and pointer
tracking (including page scrolling)
* Scroll wheel support on hotlist and history windows
* Use proper background colour for AW files using transparency
* Fix AWRenderer clipping issue (#1756230) and improve rendering
* Add local file browsing MIME type guessing. Also fixes
* Fix destruction of windows involving frames, fixes crashes
on sites such as news.bbc.co.uk
* Reduce flicker when periodically reflowing during fetch
* Fix bug that caused 100% CPU usage on some sites with frames
* Fix scroll-position setting, allowing anchors and
back/forward positions to be set/remembered
* Fix problems with closing windows with fetches still in
* New Window menu entry now functions
* Open File... menu entry now functions
* Fix reentrancy issues with event scheduling
* Support for setting the path to find CA certificates (fixes
* Stop referer header being sent with URLs entered in the URL
* Use default homepage if homepage option is blank
* Full screen mode now functions
* Popup version of the main menu
* Removal of menubar/toolbar/statusbar now functions
* Fix corruption on some animated GIFs due to new images not
being created blank
* Fix issues with scrolling from the keyboard.
* Add simple SSL certificate verification window.
Also included are many and various smaller bug fixes, documentation
enhancements and updated translations. Thanks to everybody involved in
I still can't copy from Easiwriter and into the URL iconbar field in
Netsurf. Is this such a hard thing to implement or is there something
I'm missing? Ctrl-C or Edit->Copy of a URL in Easiwriter then Ctrl-V
into 'OpenURL' produces nothing.
Would someone be so kind as to confirm the NetSurf's URL writeable
icons are fully clipboard compliant. I can see that those icons can
support the global clipboard, but not always.
The issue arises with Select or Adjust only, IcnClipBrd on OS4.0x or
OS5 is fine.
Using OS6.06 I can copy a URL from StrongED and paste it into either
of NetSurf's URL icons. This cannot be done from EasiWriter 8.64, in
fact EasiWriter content cannot be pasted into any writeable icon.
However when this matter was first raised in April 2007 NetSurf got
the blame. See e1a8a8cd4e.martin(a)bach.planiverse.com
I believe EasiWriter is the owner of the problem but I could be wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Computing with RISC OS.