One of the joys of RiscOS is that mostly I can drag and drop
text strings from John Williams !Insert into browser writables.
Dropping a username into a !NetSurf 25/11/05 build writable at LogIn
on a displayed Which? site
throws up a text window, containing the string, but does not do as I
It works with O2.
tel 020 8949 0708 / mob 079 5620 0176/ fax 087 1243 9075
I am aware that the developers requested that bugs be sent to the 'Bug
Tracker' at sourceforge. Unfortunately that site appears to be down
Using Netsurf Test Build 25/11/05 00:00 on a Risc PC SA with Adjust
4.39. I get: "Warning from NetSurf - An unexpected Window Manager
error occurred: Illegal window handle" when menu> page>export also
page>Save location. If this error is ignored the actions can be
carried out with no problems. The error is repeatable on all sites
even the NetSurf home page.
Martin Wynn, Newport, Shropshire.
When I try selling something on Ebay (french version), just after selecting
an "auction" type of sale in the radio-button style choice, netsurf
"reliably" crashes (Test Build (25 Nov 2005 00:00)).
The URL is: http://sell.ebay.fr/sell
Then click on "Mettre un objet en vente" then "Continuer". It crashes every
time. I have 38 Megs of RAM after NetSurf is on the iconbar. I have RO 4.02
and SA RPC.
On 20 Nov 2005, James Bursa wrote:
> In message <25182a04d%old_coaster(a)yahoo.co.uk>
> Tony Moore <old_coaster(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > http://cityark.medway.gov.uk/query/results/?Mode=Search&PathList=%2FUn
> > official_or_Privately_Originated_Collections_1357_1980%2FDE0402_Couchm
> > an_ephemera_and_MSS_%2F%0A&SearchWords=&DateList=&Boolean=AND&Results=
> > 50
> > leads to a 1.51MB file which NetSurf does not display correctly.
> > The first ~15% of the file is ok, but the remaining ~85% is
> > displayed as white space. Click-dragging in the white space
> > highlights the text which, otherwise, cannot be seen.
> This should now be fixed. The problem was caused by SpecialFX.
> NetSurf now disables SpecialFX for itself.
Yes, that's fine now. Many thanks.
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
I've just checked in a rewrite of the DrawFile export code. Text is
now included in the export again, and Unicode is supported in the same
way as in NetSurf (characters are substituted from other fonts when
they are missing in the configured font). However, images are not in
the DrawFile yet.
Please report any bugs to the bug tracker on SourceForge.
leads to a 1.51MB file which NetSurf does not display correctly.
The first ~15% of the file is ok, but the remaining ~85% is
displayed as white space. Click-dragging in the white space
highlights the text which, otherwise, cannot be seen.
Netsurf (22 Aug 2005 23:01), RISC OS 4.39
How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday
snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com
Another local filename problem , sorry:
Files such as ADFS::114 Gb.$./Junk.Get Started
will not be displayed. This time the culprit is the leading slash on the
name of the directory, which I occasionally use on my system to adjust the
directory sort order. It did use to work, as of 06/10 of this year. Seems to
have stopped on or before 07/11, probably when the fix that allowed files in
the root directories of disks /to/ work was introduced. AFAICS Netsurf
07/11/2005 is the latest version available.
O, varium et mutabile semper alpha.
I've recently expanded my home network and added a device which has a
webserver of some sort on it.
I can ping, telnet and ftp to "hostname" but when I try from netsurf it
502 Bad Gateway
The following error occurred: [code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name
was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator
if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.
Could not open error file.
If I put in the IP address of the device, it's fine and netsurf renders
So why can't it just find http://hostname/? Is there some other change I
need to make?
Wow, the 7/11/05 version really flies. :-)
Unfortunately it crashes off the Icon bar every time when I do a
"search" in Ebay. I can log in etc and look at "my ebay", but every time
I put something in the search box and go it crashes. It does download
the page but gets to "processing" and then goes. I do have the stderr
file but it is rather long!
Can anybody else confirm this or is it something unique to my system?
(Kinetic with 4.39)
Geoff. Baxendale, Darwen, Lancashire.
Using Acorn StrongARM Kinetic RiscPC. A "Windoze-Free Zone."
Oxymoron of the day: "Butt Head"