I've notices that some (at least all those I regularly use) special
characters, e.g. ϖ ∑ • ‡ return a ? in Netsurf
(08.01.2005) instead of the correct HTML special characters.
Wardlaw Surveys - Acorn Centre of Technology, Iiyama Dealer
- Authorised Installer for RISC OS 4
Wardlaw House, Kirkhill, Inverness. IV5 7NB. Scotland. UK.
Tel/FAX +44 (0)1463 831214 http://www.wardlaw.demon.co.uk
Today I was trying to report a bug in Firefox - for which the mozilla
site wanted to use TLS.
The certificate owner provided was -
for server URI bugzilla.mozilla.org
Netsurf complained although I believe it is a valid identity.
[PGP key available if desired]
I ahve downloaded what I believe to be the latest version of Netsurf.
When I try to run it I get the error message -
File 'System:Modules.Tinct' not found'
Machine is a RiscPC 600 running RiscOS Select Version 4.39 (28 Apr
2004) [Kernel 6.80] and it does have StrongArm but I ain't sure of
which version or size.
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island
In the Global Village
I was trying to access http://www.acronymfinder.com/, but got
redirected to http://www.acronymfinder.com/useragent.asp,
indicating that NetSurf was not supported. I sent them a mail,
asking them to do something so that I could access that site.
I got a reply telling me that this was now done, and indeed it
works now. But this is what he replied. I cannot answer this, and
maybe this is something that should be looked at? Here is his
> It should work now. The useragent "Netsurf" was blocked because
> it appeared not to be a "real" useragent.
> Any idea why the developer of this browser would not indicate OS,
> version, etc.?
[The reason why this is blocked appears to be to stop automatic
processes accessing the page, so that only browsers can access it.
Wether this is the way to do that, I have no idea... I generally
don't like websites checking the browser for whatever reason, but
in this case it might be legitimate?]
This is something that I've been talking about on one of the ngs, but
it seem more appropriate to move it here.
I'm using 3rd Jan build. And it both does and doesn't change the link
text colours. This depends on where the files are when I access them.
The problem occurs, repeatably and consistently, on the local machine.
This is whether I use the site via the WebJames served pages at
Uploading exactly the same stuff to
and it all works fine. As long as you ignore the various glitches
which is why it's still where it is rather than published, of course.
All of which makes me very confused. Is the issue with ATAFS, WebJames
or NetSurf? Oregano handles the local variant just fine, within its
limitations. Accessing it via IE is also fine.
If it helps, the stylesheet is called tme.css and was generated using
Geoff Youngs' CSSDesign v1.2
Webstuff at www.lewisgilbert.co.uk
The latest version of NetSurf has problems with some links. On the page
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ for example, there are links that
work, but there are also links that don't work. Looking at the HTML
code I didn't find any problems. Oh, if you're visiting that site, make
sure you're seeing the picture from 3rd January 2005, because that's
what I'm referring to at the moment.
When trying to find a newsgroup with Google. eg click on groups and
select comp. On the next page there are three options under the search
bar. Search only in comp, Search all groups and Search the web.
With netsurf 03_05 build I cannot select the radio buttons.
RISC OS 4.02 Strongarm
I have noticed the recent builds of Netsurf do not always give a
a scrollbar that is proportional to the amount of the webpage shown
when first loaded. This is only solved by a resize.
Seen on RO 3.1 and 5.08 not tested on 4.x
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (plain text only please)
icq: 91353267 http://www.b1-11.net Using RISC OS 5.08
msn: phantasm_39(a)hotmail.com sms: 07891070734