On Mon, 14 October, 2013 6:42 pm, Malcolm Amir Hussain-Gambles wrote:
I've developed !NewsUK that loads the BBC rss feed.
When you click on a news item it opens a URL using AcornURI.
However I noticed that it randomly works and more often than not it
just opened a browser.
After digging into this I found there were two mechanisms I was using,
one if Netsurf wasn't running, and another if it was.
When Netsurf runs it does an rmload on AcornURI, this is strangely
enough wrong from what I have found.
According to the documentation AcornURI has to be run using Filer_Run,
otherwise it doesn't start all of the components necessary (some wimp
task apparently), and URI_Dispatch doesn't work.
The !Run file in netsurf should use Filer_Run rather than RMLOAD.
I modified my !Run to do the following, which means it always "works
for me" TM
RMENSURE AcornURI 0.12 IfThere System:Modules.Network.URI Then
Not sure if I've got that correct or not, it does seem bizarre to not
rmload a module though!
Cross-posted to dev list
HTML emails are just a security risk, and nobody needs that.