I've just done some experiments which, I think, get us closer to
understanding the problem.
I've uploaded a new version of the test file "index.html" which now
puts the words onto separate lines, so that "Show all" shows better
the matching targets.
Search for "Ca", set "Show all" and toggle case sensitivity. The
highlights don't change. Make a change to the search target string,
though, and the matches are immediately updated.
I changed the code in ro_gui_search_click() so as to search for " "
immediately before searching for the real target. Now the highlights
are updated immediately the case sensitivity is toggled.
This suggests to me that the search term is being cached, and the
search command does nothing if the search term does not change. But
it /must/ search again if the flags are changed.
I can't see where the ultimate function is because it's called
"search(...)" which is too generic a name to search for.
I've updated Mantis with my findings.
FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!
Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth