On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 10:36:06 +0100, Vincent Sanders wrote:
From a recent commit looks like you moved up to 1.7.
I had a bit of time and it didn't take anywhere near as long as I was
expecting. This should make things easier with me and Ole using the
Just a quick
query, does 1.7 not include jsversion.h when you pull in mozjs/js.h
because you seem to be overriding JS_VERSION and if teh library sets
it for you that would seem counterproductive.
It's there, but when I was using 1.5 I found that it was ignoring the
JS_VERSION <= 180 #ifdefs unless I also put it in manually. I haven't
actually checked whether this is still necessary.
I have not yet merged any of the pre 1.8.0 version jsapi.h macro
changes as I beleive as I continue to add functionality I will be
breaking them :-/
The following will need fixing:
JS_THIS_OBJECT calls JS_ComputeThis() which doesn't exist in 1.7. Not
sure what the solution to this is, it might involve passing our
JSObject pointer around in JAPI_NATIVE.
In the same revision, hubbub/libdom/NetSurf (not sure which - hubbub
is the last point on the stack trace, but before I started trying to
fix it I was getting an extra libdom call after it) is running
homepage as http://www.google.co.uk
). It might just be I've missed
something when updating the libraries and recompiling them (I'm having
to update them manually as I don't have a native Git client - which is
an utter PITA - and cross-compiling the libraries didn't work when I
tried it) or it might be something the script on www.google.co.uk
doing. I'll try a different start page, forgot to do that before.
As an observation I do not have easy development
acess to library version other than 1.8.0 and 1.8.5
Ole seems to be on top of fixing it up to work on 1.7 (and clearly
knows much more about Spidermonkey than me - which isn't hard tbh).
We can both test it so it's not a major problem if you can't.
Hope some of this helps.