I will be your release manager for NetSurf 2.5 ;-)
This release is scheduled to be released on Sunday 18th April (9 days
time) I had hoped to be branching trunk this Sunday (11th) and having
a week to stabalise.
This aspriration looks increasingly unlikely as the outsanding issue
list on http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/NetSurf_2.5 shows, there is
still much to do.
I will *not* be branching 2.5 untill jmb has landed his "fix the damm
recursion" branch and the RISC OS front end is fixed.
I am, however, prepared to push the release back untill wednesday
21st, any later and I am uncomfortable with having something useful
for the wakefiled show on the 24th.
I have been keeping a close eye on frontends and have decided that for
the 2.5 release it is only going to be possible to release the GTK and
RISC OS frontend as fully supported editions.
This decision is of course subject to review (especialy for the Amiga
front end which I know Chris has put a *lot* of work into but I cannot
test. Any release decision is therefore down to Chris)
The front ends which are not released as supported editions (beos,
framebuffer and windows) I suggest, if we publish builds at all, they
are provided strictly as "technology demonstrations" ensuring we make
it absolutely clear that no support is provided and these fronends do
not represent the full future capability of NetSurf on those
Please If you have any constructive feedback, now is the time to give it!
OK, think we have (well jmb mostly) have cracked all the crashing
problems and I am pretty much ready to cut the release.
This is the last call for test before I branch the release. This will
be at 22:00 BST tonight Sunday 18th 2010.
There will be release branches for for netsurf and apropriate
libraries for the RISC OS, GTK and Amiga frontends. We will also be
producing a "tech preview" for the windows frontend.
On 13 Apr, Denis Pichugin <chipatoffice(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but resault of make install you can see in attachment.
> So libcss is not up-to-date.
> There is no this problem when compiling other libraries.
Those errors are about libwapcapplet not being up-to-date. Ensure your
libwapcapplet is updated, built and installed, and then try building
Michael Drake (tlsa) http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
On 11 Apr, Denis Pichugin <chipatoffice(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for disturbtion, but detalise your instructions, please.
> Any of my attemptions of updating and compiling is not successfull.
Let's say you want to update LibCSS. First you need to get the LibCSS
*svn co svn://svn.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/libcss
That makes a "libcss" directory wherever you're working. Change into this
Provided NSTools has been 'seen' by the filer, build and install an
up-to-date LibCSS into NSTools with the following:
Your copy of LibCSS in NSTools is now up-to-date.
Next time you need to update LibCSS, since you already have the source
code, you just need to update it and then build it. From the "libcss"
directory you'd run:
You can do the same to update the other libraries. The BUILDING-RISC_OS
document contains more info.
I've probably just upset a few people at http://utilitybase.com as
replying there using the current build of NetSurf is submitting the
form multiple times.
Log file here:
If you want to test it, register an account and post in one of my
multiple "delete posts" threads, where it won't cause any more
disruption than I already have :(