# Baserock 15.02 is released
Changes since 14.46:
* This release includes a GENIVI Intrepid I-1.2 Baseline.
* Added support for pxeboot deployments using Morph.
* A installer system definition has been created with an example cluster.
This allows the creation of installer systems to install Baserock in hardware.
* Using the pxeboot deployment to deploy a installer system now is possible
to perform a [hardware deployment] using Morph.
* New tool called baserock-import included in the devel systems. This tool
assits on importing foreign packaging from [RubyGems] and [PyIP]. [NPM]
support is complete but not available in this release.
* Zookeeper support and example systems (server and client).
* Added stock Weston systems with the latest release of it (1.6.0)
* Various component updates, see the Git logs of [definitions.git] for a
full list. Some important updates were:
- Upgraded systemd to 217.
- Upgraded linux kernel to 3.18
* Lots of bugfixes: see the Git logs of [definitions.git] and
[morph.git] for a full list.
* Due the systemd upgrade, the simple-network.configure extension is not
compatible. It will need to be rewritten/updated to support network
configuration with systemd. Please, don't upgrade to this release if
your systems require network configuration (e.g. static IP addresses).
[hardware deployment]: http://wiki.baserock.org/guides/deploy-to-hardware/
# How do I get started?
Start with the following page: <http://wiki.baserock.org/quick-start/>
# How do I get in contact?
- IRC: freenode #baserock
- Public mailing list: baserock-dev(a)baserock.org
- See also: <http://wiki.baserock.org/mailinglist/>
If you find a bug in Baserock, we'd like to hear from you using one of
the above methods.
The Baserock project welcomes new participants! We hope you enjoy
experimenting with Baserock and look forward to hearing about any cool
things you do with Baserock.
We are planning a meetup to discuss topics of interest to Baserock users
The format will be a full day of discussions, presentations and demos,
- Baserock continuous delivery pipeline
- Baserock on HP Moonshot 64-bit ARM
- Baserock integration with OpenStack
- Latest improvements to Baserock workflow
We'll either host at Codethink or a suitable venue in the centre of
Manchester, depending on the number of attendees. It's likely that some
folks will be around on the Wednesday for informal discussions too.
Please let me know by email off-list
- if plan to attend
- if there are particular topics you'd like to see covered
- if you would like to present a topic, demo or discussion
Paul Sherwood Codethink Ltd.
Tel: +44 788 798 4900 302 Ducie House, Ducie Street,
http://www.codethink.co.uk/ Manchester, M1 2JW, United Kingdom.
Codethink provides advanced software design, development, integration &
test services: from embedded systems to high performance apps to cloud.